Building a Long Bridge? Try Pioneer Precast Products’ I-Beams
Versatile, Cost-Effective Compo-Girder® I-Beams
If you’re constructing a long bridge in British Columbia, nothing can beat Pioneer Precast Products’ patented Compo-Girder® I-beam when it comes to strength and cost. Whether it’s for highway, railroad, logging or mining purposes, contractors consistently choose our I-beam over other conventional concrete girders for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Variety of shapes & camber
- Easy-to-handle design (ideal for yard, transportation & launching site)
- Unrestricted web height
- Not to predetermined steel forms for prestressed girders
- Not to steel plate web sizes, which can result in costly waste
- Aesthetics (a pleasing appearance whether it has an architectural or industrial finish)
- Able to handle various load, span & fatigue requirements
How Do I-Beams Compare to Other Girders?
When it comes to comparing our I-beams with prestressed concrete girders, the choice is clear. Not only are our I-beams more economically manufactured, but they’re also much easier to transport and erect. They offer fantastic camber versatility and aesthetic opportunities. When comparing them with steel I-beam girders, you’ll find that our I-beams have a more aesthetic appearance overall and offer enhanced durability of concrete web.
If you’re looking for a more economically manufactured product for your bridge construction project, you can’t go wrong with our Compo-Girder® I-beams. Please contact us to inquire about pricing and availability today.